Monday 10 September 2018

Cycling along the idyllic Bovey Valley between Bovey Tracey and Lustleigh, east of Dartmoor, Devon

Another place that helps to heal the soul is the beautiful Bovey Valley between  Bovey Tracey (east of Dartmoor, Devon) and Moretonhampstead, via the picture-postcard village of Lustleigh. Last summer my husband, son and I hiked around the area and the other week, as part of a challenging cycle ride on Dartmoor, I cycled along the Bovey Valley and you can see a video of the bike ride from just outside Bovey Tracey to Lustleigh here:



I didn't include the ride from Lustleigh to Moretonhampstead (where my GoPro batteries ran out!) because much of it involves pushing my bike up the hill to Lustleigh Cleave. It was tough enough walking up that hill last summer let alone cycling or pushing a bike up it! At one point a man in a van stopped to ask if I was OK!!

Curious lantern in Lustleigh Churchyard
But in our various walks through the gorgeous woodland in the Bovey Valley last summer I decided that it was one of the most peaceful and beautiful places ever - and the bike ride along the quiet lanes of the Bovey Valley is no exception, which is why I've added relaxing music to the video.

Woodland in the Bovey Valley
You can find the rest of the cycling on Dartmoor video here (from the village of Chagford to Manaton and Widecombe, then Bovey Tracey, Lustleigh and Moretonhampstead):




No comments:

Post a Comment

"This is what I am here for so this is what I will do" - cycling holiday in Somerset / Devon / Dorset

Cycling past Stourhead Gardens, Wiltshire in May Two or three times a year I like to hire a cottage, throw my bike in the back of the ...