Friday 7 September 2018

Cycling through woodland



There's a beautiful place called Spreyton Woods in the heart of Devon not far from Crediton. It's reached by a narrow lane - the kind that isn't used often and where the grass has grown in the middle of the (rough!) tarmac surface. I cycled through Spreyton Woods in June, during the heatwave, and then again in August when the weather wasn't so good, but at least the sun was out.


For me, cycling through Spreyton Woods, it's the kind of place where you could hide and take time out from the busy world with just the wildlife for company. You cycle downhill into the Woods, then along a fairly flat section before climbing up out of the woodland.

Spreyton Woods is one of the locations that's become an imaginary 'safe place' where I can take my mind when the PTSD-driven anxiety gets too much - or when I need to go to sleep at night.

The video below also takes you through beautiful woodland, this time in Yorkshire, in the Autumn and on my old Specialized hybrid bike.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"This is what I am here for so this is what I will do" - cycling holiday in Somerset / Devon / Dorset

Cycling past Stourhead Gardens, Wiltshire in May Two or three times a year I like to hire a cottage, throw my bike in the back of the ...