Monday 3 September 2018

About this blog - cycling to reduce anxiety and heal the mind

This blog is a kind of sideways extension of the eating disorder blog I wrote for around 7 years: https://anorexiaboyrecovery.blogspot.com/ which is about my, then, teenage son's recovery from anorexia nervosa which he developed during 2009.


In February 2018, I stopped writing that blog because the PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) I had developed as a result of all those years of sustained trauma had got too strong. I had to extract myself from anything and everything to do with eating disorders otherwise I might have gone completely mad!

I may return to that blog at some point. Or I may not. But one of the major things I've been doing to help me manage the PTSD symptoms is cycling, which I first took up as an adult a few years back.

I've been trying to start this new blog, about how cycling helps me manage my PTSD and anxiety, for some time, but it's just been 'too much'... too overwhelming. So yesterday I made the decision to do it slowly and gradually... in bite-sized chunks, if you like... which is why the first few posts might seem a bit strange in that they might be just a sentence or two, or a short paragraph, or they might be longer. I'm simply challenging myself to do as much or as little as I feel I can do at any moment in time.

So bear with me, this cycling blog will take shape.

Gradually.

In the meantime, please check out my YouTube Channel: Batty Matty's bike rides, UK where I've uploaded over 100 bike ride videos from the past few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"This is what I am here for so this is what I will do" - cycling holiday in Somerset / Devon / Dorset

Cycling past Stourhead Gardens, Wiltshire in May Two or three times a year I like to hire a cottage, throw my bike in the back of the ...