Monday 3 September 2018

For me, cycling is more of a distraction than a 'cure'

Ah, I wish cycling WERE a cure for PTSD - or, rather, C-PTSD (Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) which is what I am battling. (The result of prolonged exposure to trauma, as opposed to trauma as a one-off event e.g. a car crash.) I've been searching for a cure for years.

Which is why cycling is a distraction, especially hill cycling. In other words, cycling that exhausts me so much that I can't think about anything else except getting up that hill followed by the sense of achievement when I do reach the summit, hopefully without getting off my bicycle and pushing it up a section of the hill!

As I said at the start of this blog, my initial posts may be very short and sweet so I don't overwhelm myself.

In the meantime, please check out my YouTube Channel: Batty Matty's bike rides, UK where I've uploaded over 100 bike ride videos from the past few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"This is what I am here for so this is what I will do" - cycling holiday in Somerset / Devon / Dorset

Cycling past Stourhead Gardens, Wiltshire in May Two or three times a year I like to hire a cottage, throw my bike in the back of the ...