Tuesday 4 September 2018

"And that's OK..."

I learned a new phrase yesterday from a friend (who also struggles with her mental health). It's this phrase: "And that's OK." In other words, you add that to any seemingly negative stuff that's going on inside your head. Take the last few minutes, for example. I've been sitting here, wanting to plough ahead with this new blog after failing to write anything on my eating disorders blog for several months. I just couldn't write (ha - and this from someone who WRITES for a living!).


So I added "And that's OK" to the end of the sentence. Similarly, "I can't even put on makeup or do my hair today"... "And that's OK". Also, "I've bottled out of going out for a bike ride today and am finding it hard to even do an indoor trainer video on my exercise bike" ... "And that's OK". Get my drift?

Then there's "I can't take on any new clients, work-wise, because everything is just too overwhelming at the moment" ... "And that's OK".

"I can't change my bed linen and it needs changing" ... "And that's OK".

And it is. It really is. For the moment it's OK simply to "be".  To "be" in the present.

The only person who's nagging me to get on with stuff is my Inner Critic.

My family understands that I can only do "so much" at any one time at the moment.

Which is perfectly OK.

Please check out my YouTube Channel: Batty Matty's bike rides, UK where I've uploaded over 100 bike ride videos from the past few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"This is what I am here for so this is what I will do" - cycling holiday in Somerset / Devon / Dorset

Cycling past Stourhead Gardens, Wiltshire in May Two or three times a year I like to hire a cottage, throw my bike in the back of the ...