Tuesday 4 September 2018

Tough but awesome cycle ride on the North York Moors in glorious sunshine


Last weekend the weather was fantastic, so on the Saturday I headed for the Yorkshire Wolds (which was surprisingly quiet considering it was the final weekend of the school summer holidays) and on Sunday I headed for Osmotherley (which is just off the A19 between Thirsk and Middlesbrough) for a very energetic bike ride to say the least! But that's what you would expect of the North York Moors (which many people incorrectly call the North Yorkshire Moors).


I don't know the area very well; it's slightly further than I'd normally venture for a cycle ride. Thirsk is the most northerly point usually. But what I did know was that it was going to be strenuous as well as stunning!

Check out my video of this cycle ride from Osmotherley onto the North York Moors below. And please follow my YouTube Channel: Batty Matty's bike rides, UK where I've uploaded over 100 bike ride videos from the past few years. (Saturday's bike ride in the Yorkshire Wolds will be uploaded to YouTube shortly.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

"This is what I am here for so this is what I will do" - cycling holiday in Somerset / Devon / Dorset

Cycling past Stourhead Gardens, Wiltshire in May Two or three times a year I like to hire a cottage, throw my bike in the back of the ...